Learn Rhythm-Strum Guitar Lesson
99 percent of the time you will be strumming, learn how to strum in the strum guitar lesson.
Thanks for watching my video. You can see the original on my YouTube Channel and don’t forget to Subscribe.Thanks for watching my video. You can see the original on my YouTube Channel and don’t forget to Subscribe.
Strum Guitar Lesson get the Key
Here are some basic Key concepts to remember when mastering rhythm skills, and practicing strumming.
- Mute the strings lightly cover the strings with your fretting hand.
- Strum down, up down. The Down motion or down strums are the numbers in the exercise.
- The up motion the “And” is the “and of the beat”. The “and of the beat” will always be an up strum. This is the key to good strumming.
- The strums should be the same distance.
- Always count to keep good time. (out Loud at first)
- Don’t forget the “ghost note” your hand should stay in motion, just don’t hit the strings. On the exercise when there is open space that is the ghost note.
- Remember your down strums are always on the down beat, and you’re up strum is on the upbeat.