Which Strings to Buy for Acoustic Guitar
Which Strings to Buy for Acoustic Guitar? There are several brands of guitar strings D’Addario, Ernie Ball Elixer. Even some of the top guitar manufacturers are packaging guitar strings under there name. Like Martin, Fender and Gibson.
Gibson uses Cleartone to manufacturer there strings, on all there Gibson USA products. Cleartone is owned by Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers.Martin guitar strings are made by C.F. Martin & Co. they pride themselves in making the finest instruments in the world and high quality acoustic guitar strings. They have made acoustic guitar strings since 1970.
The Acoustic Electric Guitar String
There are so many different factors when buying strings. Which strings to buy for acoustic guitar could be intimidating. It doesn’t have to be, once you learn all the aspects of acoustic guitar strings.
Strings on an acoustic guitar are going to be different than the strings on an electric guitar. An electric guitar works off of magnetic pickups where as an acoustic electric guitar the pickup uses the vibration of the strings. likewise the acoustic guitar works off of vibration.
Acoustic guitars usually have a steel wound string with a coating over it. Some of the thinner strings on the guitar are plain steel strings. The bronze over winding is called Phosphor. You may have seen Phosphor Bronze on the packaging of guitar strings. Bronze composed of 80 percent copper and 10 percent tin, 9 percent phosphorous. Making the winding hard and giving resistance to corrosion. Phosphor Bronze gives the string when played a warm and bright sound.
The strings make up one part of the overall sound that the guitar is going to make. Other factors include the type of wood the guitar is made of, the body type. The length of the guitar neck and even the guitar player.
What is the gauge of the string?
When picking out guitar strings you will see on the package different thicknesses of strings. Like 1o or 13, this is the gauge of the string or thickness referred to by the Manufacturer. This measurement is in decibels from the Mfg. If the package is listed 10 the strings in the package range from 10-47, this means the high e or first string is a 10 and the 6th string or Low E is 47. Meaning the diameter of the first string is a gauge 10 and the strings go up to a gauge or diameter of 47.
Acoustic guitar strings range from extra light, light, Medium, and heavy. Depending on the Diameter or gauge of the string. The range is 10 -47, 11-52, 12-54, 13-56, and 14-59. On most acoustic guitars you would want to go with a extra light, light or medium gauge string. Anything more than 13 is very heavy and takes a lot of hand strength to play. This would cause your fretting hand to get tired prematurely.
Acoustic Guitar Strings Musicians Around the world employ
D’Addario features an innovative nickel-plated phosphor bronze wrapped high carbon NY steel core. Nickel Bronze delivers clarity, rich overtones and guitarists will enjoy better tuning stability. These are some of the reasons we recommend that you try Nickel Bronze medium (13-56) guitar strings for yourself. They are priced right too. Buy Your Nickle Bronze Medium Guitar Strings from Amazon Today!
- Nickle Bronze delivers unique tonal qualities
- longer lasting uncoated strings, corrosion resistant
- NY steel for unprecedented strength and tuning stability
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauge .o13, .017, .026, .035, .045, 056
D’Addario Extra Light (10-47) , EJ10s 80/20 Bronze are ideal for beginners or players who prefer a softer tone. Extra light crisp, deep projecting sound is a superb tone. The sustain associated with phosphor bronze strings. For that Great tone try your EJ10s Extra Light today from Amazon.
- Extra light gauging for playing ease
- Extra-bright tone mixed with deep and projecting bottom end
- Corrosion resistant for fresh strings
- String Gauge .010, .014, .023, .030, .039, .047
Exp16 Coated Phosphor Bronze strings are a Great choice for your acoustic guitar.The high-carbon NY steel wire delivers strength and pitch stability. This is D’Addario’s most popular acoustic string. Buy Your EXP16 Strings from Amazon Today!
- D’Addario’s most popular acoustic guitar string gauge, known for its superb, tone and playability
- EXP Coated phosphor bronze has warm, bright, and balanced tone
- Exclusive D’Addario’s New York Manufactured , high carbon steel string strength and pitch stability is unparalleled.
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053
D’Addario EXP16 + NS Micro Soundhole Tuner Bundle
- The Extra Light 80/20 bronze strings have a superb tone. Light, crisp and deep projecting sound.
- See what other guitarists are saying about the EXP16. D’Addario’s most popular acoustic string.
- Nickel Bronze medium guitar strings are innovative and deliver clarity. They are made in the U.S.A. & priced right. Buy Your Nickel Bronze Strings today from Amazon.