This is such a catchy tune, and fun to play. So I decided to put together a guitar lesson. I’m calling it If I said You Had a Beautiful Body Guitar Lesson. By The Bellamy Brothers. Which will have what is needed in order for you to pick up your guitar and start playing it too.
If I said You Had a Beautiful Body Guitar Lesson will show you.
- Chords to If I said You had a Beautiful Body (Would You Hold It Against Me)
- Strumming pattern
- Chord progression
- Video Tutorial by YourGuitarGuide
- Lyrics to If I Said You had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against me.
If this seems like it will help you learn this song, then grab your guitar. And let me show you how to play “If I Said You had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against me”.
Bellamy Brothers Chords
Below you will see the chord diagrams of the Bellamy Brothers Chords. If you need help reading a chord chart take a look at this quick reference guide how to read a chord chart.
Discover Premium Guitar Courses Made for You in Mind
A Complete list of Guitar Lessons that will get you to the Next Level of Playing
Listed below is how to place your fingers to play the E B C#m A F#m. Which are the chords in “If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body”.
Sharon’s Guitar Academy
Discover a step by step proven process so that you can play guitar like your favorite guitarist
Here is the chord diagram for the E Major Chord
To make the E chord:
- Your first finger is on the G string, (3rd string). At the first fret.
- Second finger is on the A string, (5th string). At the Second fret
- Third finger is at the second fret on the D string. Which is the fourth string.
- You can strum all the strings when playing the E chord.
Next is the chord diagram for the B chord. And here is how to position your fingers.
- First finger is on the 5th string at the second fret.
- Use your third finger to bar across strings 4, 3, and 2. All at the fourth fret.
- You don’t want to play the 6th string when strumming the B chord.
The next chord is a bar chord, For secrets on how to play a bar chord click this link; what’s the secrets to barre chords. It will make things easier for you.
Have You Checked Out the Guitar Courses in My YGG Store?
Here is the chord diagram for the C#m.
Finger position of the C#m chord:
- Use your first finger to bar across strings 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. All at the 4th fret.
- Next place your second finger on the B string (2nd string). On the fifth fret.
- Your third finger is on the fourth string, at the sixth fret.
- Lastly place your pinkie on the third string, at the sixth fret.
- When strumming this chord don’t play the sixth string.
PRO TIP! When playing the C#m you can use the tip of your first finger to nudge it against the sixth string. Gently muting the string. Just in case you accidentally hit the sixth string when strumming, it won’t ring out. Source
Related Article: 12 Beginner Guitar Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make.
Below is the A Major chord diagram
- All your fingers are at the second fret.
- Your first finger is on the fourth string.
- Second finger is on the third string.
- And your third finger is on the second string.
- When strumming the A chord, strum from the fifth string down. Don’t play the sixth string.
The last chord we need is the F#m. Take a look at the chord diagram for the F#m.
Here is how to position your fingers for the F#m:
- Place your first finger across all the strings at the second fret.
- Then place your third finger on the fifth string, at the fourth fret?
- Below your third finger place your pinkie on the fourth string, at the fourth fret.
- Strum all the strings.
PRO TIP! To play the F#m is to have your first finger over the top of the sixth string. You will have more leverage to push the strings down.
All Instruments including guitar. All levels and Any age group. Self paced, step by step video courses. LEARN More >>
Strumming Pattern for If I Said You had a Beautiful Body
Now that you know what chords are in the song. And I hope you have practiced playing them using the chord chart. Here is the strumming pattern that we are going to be using.
The song is in 4/4 time which is counting the beats 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4. If you can count to four you can play this song.
The strumming pattern that you are going to use is: D D U U DU DD U U D U D. Which translates to Down Down Up Up Down Up Down Down Up Up Down Up Down. If you need help strumming, transitioning between chords and more. Check out the beginner guitar bootcamp.
Chord Progression to If I Said You had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against Me
This is a really fun song to play the chords are not that difficult and basically there are two progressions and the intro. That’s it! Once you learn them you will be able to play the song. Here is what that looks like.
Here’s the Intro E E E E
Then where usually you would have a verse. You find in this song the chorus, and then the verse. The chord progression for the chorus is B B E B B B B E B B E C#m C#m B E.
And the verse is:
E E A A F#m F#m B B E E A A F#m F#m B B E.
Which as you can see is a bunch of letters.
But if you want to download the chord sheet with lyrics Click the link.
If I said You Had a Beautiful Body Lyrics
If I said you had a beautiful body would You hold it against me? If I swore you were an angel would you treat me like the devil tonight? If I were dying of thirst would your flowing love come quench me? If I said you had a beautiful body would You hold it against me? Now we could talk all night about the weather. Could tell you about my friends out on the coast. I could ask a lot of crazy questions. or ask you what I really want to know. If I said you had a beautiful body would You hold it against me? If I swore you were an angel would you treat me like the devil tonight? If I were dying of thirst would your flowing love come quench me? If I said you had a beautiful body would You hold it against me? Now rain can fall so soft against the window. Sun can shine so bright up in the sky. But Daddy always told me don't make small talk. He said come on out and say whats on your mind. If I said you had a beautiful body would You hold it against me? If I swore you were an angel would you treat me like the devil tonight? If I were dying of thirst would your flowing love come quench me? If I said you had a beautiful body would You hold it against me?
All Access Get your ticket to 40,000 + Lessons. 30,000 + Tabs, Notation and Instructors for all Genre’s. Beginners, Intermediate and beyond. All access streaming anytime anywhere. All Access On Sale Now! See how much You can Save. A small window of time before the sale ends on All Access.
If You Ever Leave Bellamy Brothers Lyrics
As the psychedelic Cowboy left impressions On a half empty bar room he just played And a hippy girl from Austin waited patiently In the alley to for fill the plans they made They drove the Studebaker towards the sunrise Then pulled into the cactus street hotel The Sky rose like mescalin around them As they promised love no love song could for fill If you ever leave I'm going with you words whispered softly in the night we may have been high, when we wrote it in the sky But ill keep that promise with me till I die A wild painted pony crossed the highway an omen that we both thought was good like a morning lullaby or an eagle as she fly's signs we could have not misunderstood If you ever leave I'm going with you words whispered softly in the night we may have been high, when we wrote it in the sky But ill keep that promise with me till I die Now the years twist us like two broken arrows But our symphony still plays that sweet refrain Just lost in love and laughter we gave into Two old weathered hearts that dared to dream If you ever leave I'm going with you words whispered softly in the night we may have been high, when we wrote it in the sky But ill keep that promise with me till I die Oh I'll Keep that promise with me 'till I die
Click the link for the guitar lesson “How to Play If You Ever Leave, By the Bellamy Brothers”.
Signup for My News Letter!
If You Ever Leave Bellamy Brothers Guitar Lesson
Did you enjoy this Lesson? If so you might also be interested in this guitar lesson from Sharon YourGuitarGuide. It’s one of the “easy guitar songs acoustic”. The Bellamy Brothers song called If You Ever Leave. Here is a link for If You Ever Leave Bellamy Brothers Guitar Lesson.
- Epiphone ES-335 Inspired By Gibson Guitar VS Gibson ES-335
- What’s the Difference Between Minor and Major Chords
- Tears in Heaven Chords & Guitar Lesson
- 10 Best Guitars to Buy for Beginners
- How Often Do You Replace Guitar Strings