One Night with you is one of my aunts favorite songs. I decided today I would show you why in this Elvis Guitar Lesson: Elvis Chords: One Night With You.
See What you will learn:
- Elvis Chords
- Elvis Guitar Lesson Riffs
- Plus a Bonus Video
If this sounds like fun grab your guitar and lets get started….
I have seen lots of different explanations of the chords that are in One Night with you By Elvis Presley. But when you listen to the record from 1958. You can clearly here the chords that are in “One Night are E A B E7 and F#.
Take a look at the chord diagrams of these chords. That’s where we will start and if you need to know the finger position. I will tell you how to play these chords too.
First Elvis Chord E Major
- Place your first finger on the 3rd string. (G string). At the first fret.
- Your second finger is on the A string. (5th string). Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the D string. 4th string, second fret.
- When strumming the E chord you can strum all the strings.
A Major Elvis Chord
- Place Your first finger on the 4th string. The D string. At the second fret.
- Your second finger is on the 3rd string. Which is the G string. Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the B string. At the second fret. This is the 2nd string.
- Strum from the 5th string down, and don’t play the 6th strings.
B Chord Finger Position
• Place your first finger at the 2nd fret of the 5th string. (A string).
• Your third finger is on strings 4, 3, and 2, on the 4th fret. (Barre)
• Don’t play the E string. (6th string).
E7 Beginner Chord Finger Position
- Place your first finger on the 3rd string at the first fret. (G string)
- Then your 2nd finger is at the 2nd fret of the 5th string. (A string)
- Play all the stings when strumming.
Discover Guitar Bootcamp
A Proven Method That Will Transform Your Playing
The Quickest, Easiest Way to Learn Guitar so That You Can Play Your Favorite Songs.
Discover the Secret to Playing Guitar
F# Finger Position
- Your first finger is across all the strings at the second fret. Like a Capo.
- Place your second finger on the 3rd string. (G string). At the third fret.
- Then place your third finger on the 5th string. The A string, on the 4th fret.
- Under the third finger is your pinkie. Also at the 4th fret on the 4th string.
- You can strum all the strings when playing the F# Bar Chord.
If your not used to playing barre chords look at this guitar lesson 5 ways to play the F Barre Chords.
All Instruments including guitar. All levels and Any age group. Self paced, step by step video courses. LEARN More >>
Elvis Guitar Lesson Riffs
Now that you know what chords are in the song. Let me tell you how to play the riffs.
The first one is when you play the E chord. You start off on the A strings. Which is the 5th string.
And you are going to play these frets: 0 1 2, Then Play the open E string. The 6th string. After that you play the E chord.
The next Riff is played with the A chord. And it starts on the E string. 6th string. Played on these frets: 0 1 2, and then play the open A string and then the A chord.
The Walk Up to the F#
Then there is an easy walk up to the F# chord. Played all on the E string.
Again the 6th string and it goes like this. Played on frets 0 0 1. Then you strum the F# chord.
If you want the complete tab for this song. Which will make this a lot easier to practice with. Consider becoming a Patron.
Music Theory 101
Is going to open your eyes to a new way of playing your guitar. Although the theory has been around for years. You will never look at your guitar the same way again! See What’s Included
One Night Lyrics
One night with you, is What I'm now praying for Awe things that we two could plan Would make my dreams come true Just call my name, And I'll be right by your side I want your sweet open hand My loves to strong to strong to hide Always lived, a very quiet life I ain't Never did no wrong Now I know that life without you Has been to lonely too long One night with you Is what I'm now praying for The things that we two could plan would make my dreams come true Always lived, a very quiet life I ain't Never did no wrong Now I know that life without you Has been to lonely too long One night with you Is what I'm now praying for Awe things that we two could plan would make my dreams come true
Related article: Easy Guitar Riffs for Guitar.
How do You Play Elvis Songs on Guitar?
Elvis had so many hit songs. And a lot of them are a lot easier than you might think. Take a look at this List Elvis Songs on Guitar (Easy Beginner Lessons)
What Year was One Night Released
The song was sung by a lot of singers before and after Elvis. But Elvis in 1957, recorded the lyrics to the original version of the song. This was in January 18, 1957. source