I was asked by one of my Super fans. If I could teach how to play this song by George Strait called Amarillo By Morning. So I set out to make this George Strait Amarillo By Morning Guitar Lesson.
Take a look what is going to be covered in this George Strait Amarillo By Morning Guitar Lesson.
George Strait Amarillo By Morning Guitar Lesson:
- How to Play Amarillo By Morning on Acoustic Guitar
- Amarillo By Morning Chords
- Strumming Pattern – Amarillo by Morning
- Bonus Video – Amarillo by Morning Guitar Tutorial
- Bonus 2 Amarillo By Morning Chords PDF
- Amarillo By Morning Lyrics
If your ready to learn Amarillo By Morning George Strait on Guitar. Then grab your guitar and lets get to it.
Amarillo By Morning Chords
There are 4 easy chords in this song. Although one of them is a bar chord. But now’s the time if to start to play bar chords. So that you can learn this song and others. Bar chords are in most songs. But this ones not to bad. Lets take a look.
If you need to know how to read a chord diagram. Then take a look at this quick reference. How to read Chord Charts. Also here is how to place your fingers to make the chords in the song.
Finger Position for the D Chord
- Place your finger on the 3rd string. The G string. At the second fret.
- Put your second finger on the 1st string. (E string). Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the 2nd string. (B string). At the third fret.
- Strum from the 4th string down. Don’t play the 5th or 6th string.
Related Article: Elvis Chords: One Night With You.
How to Place Your Fingers for the F#m Chord
- Your first finger is across all the strings at the second fret. Like a Capo.
- Then place your third finger on the 5th string. The A string, on the 4th fret.
- Place your Pinkie Under the third finger. Also at the 4th fret on the 4th string.
- You can strum all the strings when playing the F# Bar Chord.
Finger Position for the G Chord
- Place Your first finger at the second fret of the A string. Which is the 5th string.
- Put your second finger at the third fret on the E string. The 6th string.
- Your third finger is at the third fret. On the B string. (2nd string)
- Then place your pinkie on the third fret of the high E string. The 1st string.
- When strumming the G chord you can play all the strings.
How to Play the A Chord in the Open Position
- Place Your first finger on the 4th string. The D string. At the second fret.
- Your second finger is on the 3rd string. Which is the G string. Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the B string. At the second fret. This is the 2nd string.
- Strum from the 5th string down, and don’t play the 6th strings.
Music Theory 101
Is going to open your eyes to a new way of playing your guitar. Although the theory has been around for years. You will never look at your guitar the same way again! See What’s Included
Related Article: How to Play Go Rest High on That Mountain.
Strumming Pattern – Amarillo by Morning
Amarillo by morning is in 4/4 timing. Which means there is four beats. So we are counting to 4. The strumming pattern is D D U U D U. Which is Down Down Up Up Down Up. A really easy strumming pattern. Now we need to know what the chord Progression is.
Related Content: What is a Good Electric Guitar for Adults?
How to Play Amarillo By Morning on Acoustic Guitar
In exchange for their monthly support, our patrons get exclusive videos, behind-the-scenes content, downloads, and other benefits. If you’re interested in joining our Patreon community, click the link below & take a look around! Become a Patron!
Related Article: Friends in Low Places Chords.
Amarillo By Morning Lyrics
Amarillo by Morning Up from Sanantone Everything that I got, is Just what I got on When that sun is high in that Texas sky I'll be bucking at the County fair Amarillo By Morning Amarillo I'll be There They took my Saddle in Houston Broke my leg in Santafe Lost my wife and a girlfriend, somewhere along the way But I'll be looking for 8 when they pull that gate And I hope that judge ain't blind Amarillo By Morning Amarillo's on my mind Amarillo by Morning Up from Sanantone Everything that I got, is Just what I got on I ain't got a dime, but what I got is mine I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free Amarillo by Morning Amarillo's where I'll be Amarillo by Morning Amarillo's where I'll be
Have You Checked Out the Guitar Courses in My YGG Store?
Related Article: 15 Beginner Country Guitar Songs-Fun and Easy to Play.
About Amarillo By Morning
Terry Stafford and Paul Fraser wrote the song Amarillo By Morning. In 1973 Stafford recorded the song. But it is most known for the George Strait version of the song. Which was done by George Strait in 1983 and Chris LeDoux. The song is known by the Western writers of America as one of the top 100 songs of all time. Source
I hope you enjoyed this guitar lesson and I would like to thank Jeff for requesting this song on YourGuitarGuide YouTube Channel.
George Strait Guitar Chords
If you just want to know the chords in the song Amarillo By Morning. Then they are the D Major chord, F#m chord, G Major chord, and the A Major chord. But if you want to get the chord sheet. Download the Amarillo By Morning chord PDF.