I remember back in the summer of 1990 I was in the swimming pool chilling on a float. When on the radio came this song called friends in low places. I knew then after hearing that I was going to learn Friends in Low Places Chords. And the rest is history. Look what is going to be covered in the guitar lesson, Friends in Low Places Chords.
- Friends in Low Places Chords
- Then the Friends in Low Places Intro
- How to Arpeggiate the chords
- Next Friends in Low Places Guitar Chord Progression
- Friends in Low Places Lyrics
- Friends in Low Places Guitar Lesson Easy Video Tutorial
If your ready to learn Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks then grab your guitar and lets get to it.
Friends in Low Places Chords
There are four chords in the song. And one is a Diminished chord. But once you know how to play it. Really it’s not that hard to play. Let me show you the chords, A E dim 7 Bm and E. Take a look at the Chord diagrams to see how to play the chords. If you need help with chord diagrams look at this quick reference How to read chords diagrams.
Playing the A Major Chord
- Place Your first finger on the 4th string. The D string. At the second fret.
- Your second finger is on the 3rd string. Which is the G string. Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the B string. At the second fret. This is the 2nd string.
- Strum from the 5th string down, and don’t play the 6th strings.
Finger Position of the Bm Chord
- Place your first finger at the 2nd fret across the first 5 strings.
- Your second finger is on the B string. (2nd String). At the 3rd fret.
- Next place your third finger on the 4th string. Which is the D string. At the 4th fret.
- Then your pinkie is under that finger. Put it on the 3rd string. Also at the 4th fret.
- When strumming don’t strum the E string. The 6th string.
How to Play the E Chord
- Place your first finger on the 3rd string. (G string). At the first fret.
- Your second finger is on the A string. (5th string). Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the D string. 4th string, second fret.
- When strumming the E chord you can strum all the strings.
Related Article: em chord guitar variations.
How to Play the E Diminished 7 Chord
- Place your first finger on the 2nd fret of the 4th string. (D string)
- Your second finger is on the 2nd fret of the second string. (B string)
- Then your third finger is at the 3rd fret of the third string. (G string)
- Put your pinky at the 3rd fret of the 1st string. (E string)
You need something comfortable for practice. After all how can You enjoy what your doing with a sore neck?
Friends in Low Places On Guitar Video Tutorial
Related Article: George Strait Amarillo By Morning Guitar Lesson.
Then the Friends in Low Places Intro
The intro of Friends in Low Places is at a slow tempo and the chords are arpeggiated. And that simply means you are playing the individual strings of the chord. Instead of strumming the chord. The intro starts with the A chord, Edim7 Bm then E. Let me show you how to arpeggiate the chords.
Related Article: Arpeggiated Chord Guitar Lesson.
How to Arpeggiate the chords
(So we are on the same page the strings are 654321. 6 is the thickest string). When Playing the A chord. After setting your fingers up to play the A chord. Then you are going to pick these strings. 5 4 3 2
When fretting the Edim7 chord you want to play these strings: 4 3 2 1. Then the next chord is the Bm. Play these strings in order: 5 4 3 2 3 4 2.
After that you want to play the E chord. Here are the strings to pick. 6 5 4 3. Then 6 5 4 3 4 5.
After the E chord it goes to the A chord and you want to pick this strings. 5 4 3 2 3 4 2.
Then you repeat every thing. And Right before you go to the A chord and start strumming away. You can play the bass line that really makes it sound cool. Since your playing by yourself and don’t have a bass player. Here’s how to play the bass notes. First pick the E string open two times. Then Fret the second fret of the E string. Pick the E string again. Fret the fourth fret on the E string and pick the E string again. And then play the open A string, the 5th string and start strumming the A chord.
That’s how you play the intro chords. Next take a look at the chord progression.
Related Article: How to Play More Of You By Chris Stapleton Guitar Lesson.
Friends in Low Places Guitar Chord Progression
Be Sure to get the Chord Sheet Download!
I own a pair of these electric hand warmers. And they work! My hands stay nice and cozy. You can also connect your phone to them to charge your phone. Check out the current price on Survival Frog.
Friends in Low Places Lyrics
Blame it all on my Roots I showed up in boots And ruined your black tie affair The last one to know The last one to show I was the last one you thought you'd see there And I saw the surprise And that fear in his eyes When I took his glass of Champaign And I toasted you Said honey we may be through But you'll never here me complain 'cause I've got friends in low places Where the whiskey drowns And the beer chases my blues away And I'll be okay Yeah I'm not big on social graces Think I'll slip on down to the oasis Oh, I've got friends in low places Well I guess I was wrong I just don't belong But then I've been there before Everything's all right I'll just say goodnight And I'll show myself to the door Hey, I didn't mean To cause a big scene Just give me an hour and then Well I'll be as high as that ivory tower That your living in 'cause I've got friends in low places Where the whiskey drowns And the beer chases my blues away And I'll be okay Yeah I'm not big on social graces Think I'll slip on down to the oasis Oh, I've got friends in low places I've got friends in low places Where the whiskey drowns And the beer chases my blues away And I'll be okay Yeah I'm not big on social graces Think I'll slip on down to the oasis Oh, I've got friends in low places repeat and fade
To get more access to YourGuitarGuide including this chord Sheet. Join my Patreon click the button to see what your missing out on.
Click the Button to Get the Chord Sheet Downloadable!
About Garth Brooks
Troyal Garth Brooks was born on February 7, 1962. Garth Brooks was an active singer songwriter in mainstream music between the years of 1984 – 2001, then he retired. During this time Garth Brooks made 10 studio albums, 1 live album and 51 singles.
In 2005 Garth came out of retirement. He has sold 70.5 million albums as of 2015. His world wide sales stand at 150 million records.
Once you have learned how to play Friends in Low Places check out this video lesson and learn an Arpeggio.
Some of the information was sourced from Wikipedia