I was checking out YouTube Like I often do to get inspiration on what lessons to add to my YourGuitarGuide YouTube Channel. That’s when I saw let it be me The Everly Brothers. And I remembered what a great song. Then decided I would go ahead and make a guitar lesson.
See whats covered in Let It Be Me The Everly Brothers Guitar Lesson:
- Let It Be Me The Everly Brothers Guitar Lesson
- Chord Progression to Let it Be Me by The Everly Brothers
- Strumming Pattern
- Let it Be Me Lyrics
- Bonus Video Tutorial
If this looks like it would be a fun song to learn. Then grab your guitar, and I’m going to teach you how to play Let it Be Me.
Let it Be Me – Everly Brothers Chords
First lets take a look at the chords in this song. If you need help with reading a chord diagram take a look at this quick reference how to read a chord diagram.
These are pretty easy open chords. With the exception of the B7 and the Bm they may be a little difficult for a beginner. But not to worry slow it down and take each chord at a time. Practice them until you can play it with no problem. If you need help with playing barre chords there are tips in the link. Here is how to play the chords in the song.
G Finger Position
- Place Your first finger at the second fret of the A string. Which is the 5th string.
- Put your second finger at the third fret on the E string. The 6th string.
- Your Third Finger is at the third fret. On the B string.
- Then place your pinkie on the third fret of the high E string. The 1st string.
- When strumming the G chord you can play all the strings.
Sharon’s Guitar Academy
Discover a step by step proven process so that you can play guitar like your favorite guitarist
D Major Chord Finger Position
- Place your finger on the 3rd string. The G string. At the second fret.
- Put your second finger on the 1st string. (E string). Also on the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the 2nd string. (B string). On the third fret.
- Strum from the 4th string down. Don’t play the 5th or 6th string.
B7 Finger Position
- Place your first finger on the 4th string at the 1st fret. The D string.
- Next place your second finger on the 5th string at the second fret. (A string).
- Your third finger is on the 3rd string at the 2nd fret. (G string).
- Then your Pinkie is on the 1st string at the second fret. (E string).
- Strum the first 5 strings only.
When Playing the B7 You can play it without using your pinkie. If you don’t play the 1st string then don’t play the first string. Just play strings 5 4 3 2.
Have You Checked Out the Guitar Courses in My YGG Store?
Em Finger Position
- Your second finger is placed on the 5th string. At the second fret.
- Put your third finger on the 4th string. Also at the second fret.
- When strumming the Em chord you can play all the strings.
Bm Finger Position
- Place your first finger at the 2nd fret across all the strings. Like a Capo!
- Your second finger is on the B string. (2nd String). At the 3rd fret.
- Next place your third finger on the 4th string. Which is the A string. At the 4th fret.
- Then your pinkie is under that finger. Put it on the 3rd string. Also at the 4th fret.
- When strumming don’t strum the E string. The 6th string.
All Instruments including guitar. All levels and Any age group. Self paced, step by step video courses. LEARN More >>
C Major Finger Position
- Place your first finger on the B string, at the first fret. (2nd string).
- Your second finger is on the D string. 4th string, at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the 5th string. At the third fret. Which is the A string.
- When Strumming the C chord. You can strum all the strings.
Am Chord Finger Position
- Place your first finger on the 2nd string. The B String, at the 1st fret.
- Put your second finger on the 4th string, (D string) at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the G string, (3rd string) at the second fret.
- Strum from the fourth string down.
You Can Learn Anytime Anywhere 24/7 With Online Courses from YourGuitarGuide.
Discover Premium Guitar Courses Made for You in Mind
A Complete list of Guitar Lessons that will get you to the Next Level of Playing
Strumming Pattern to Let it Be Me -Everly Brothers
This song is performed at a slow tempo. The strumming is nice and easy. The strumming pattern is D D U U D U Down Down Up Up Down Up. The song is in 4/4 timing. Which means each bar has 4 beats. On some of the chords there are only two beats and then the chord changes to the next chord. Take a look at the chord progression to see where the chords change is.
Related Article: How to play if I said you have a beautiful body.
Bonus Video Tutorial Let it Be Me Everly Brothers
Chord Progression Let it Be Me Everly Brothers
The intro goes like this. It starts with the G chord for a measure. (4 Beats). Then go to the D chord. When you play the D chord. You are playing two beats of the D, and then move to the B7. The B7 is played for two beats. Then you play the Em for a bar. The next chord in the progression is the Bm. It is played for a measure, and goes to the C Chord.
Then the G, Am, and G all are played for a measure. Then the verse begins. Stay on the G for a measure and start singing. The verse is played with the same chord progression. You play this progression 4 times through.
You play the intro one time through. Then the verse is two times through. A chorus then a verse is played one time through. Then a chorus and the Outro. Which is played through one time.
Related Article: Elvis Songs on Guitar easy beginners lessons.
Thousands of Items Available Free 2 Day Shipping Shop Now
The chorus is played like this. It starts with the C chord and then Bm chord. Then go back to the C chord and Bm again. Next you play the C then go to G. And back to C and end it with a B7 chord. After the chorus it goes into the verse.
All Access Get your ticket to 40,000 + Lessons. 30,000 + Tabs, Notation and Instructors for all Genre’s. Beginners, Intermediate and beyond. All access streaming anytime anywhere. All Access On Sale Now! See how much You can Save. A small window of time before the sale ends on All Access.
The Last verse goes, “So never leave me lonely. Tell me you love me only. And that you always let it be me.
Just repeat the words, “And that you always let be me”. When you are repeating that the chords are G for a measure. Then C, and G for a measure. And then the Am for a measure, and just a slow downward strum that ends with the G.
If you enjoyed this lesson then maybe you would also enjoy I Fall to Pieces Guitar Lesson.
Download the Chord Sheet
Let it Be Me Everly Brothers Lyrics
I bless the day I found you I want to stay around you And so I beg you Let it Be Me Don't take this heaven from one If you must cling to someone Now and forever Let it be me Each time we meat,love I find complete love Without your sweat love What would life be So never leave me lonely Tell me you love me only And that you'l always Let it be me Each time we meat,love I find complete love Without your sweat love What would life be So never leave me lonely Tell me you love me only And that you'll always Let it Be me And that you'll always Let it Be me
Signup for My News Letter!
Everly Brother Songs
- Bye Bye Love
- Wake Up Little Susie
- All I Have to Do is Dream
- Cathy’s Clown
- That’s the Way Love Should Be