Merry Christmas! Tis the season to learn Christmas Cannon Rock on an Acoustic Guitar. What I want to show you is this great riff. That is through out the whole song. Look what is going to be covered in this guitar lesson.
How to play Christmas Canon Rock on acoustic guitar; Lesson. Christmas canon Rock Guitar Lesson
- Christmas Cannon Rock Chords
- Strumming Pattern to Christmas Canon Rock
- Chord Diagrams
- How to Arpeggiate the Chords to Christmas Canon Rock
- Christmas Canon Rock Tab
- Bonus Video Tutorial Christmas Canon Rock Riff
If your ready to learn this great Christmas song by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Then grab your guitar and lets get started. Enjoy!
Christmas Cannon Rock Chords
First thing first we need to know what chords we are going to be playing. Take a look at the chord diagrams below to help you make the chords. A E F#m C#m D. If you are not used to chord diagrams. Here is a quick reference guide Chord Charts How to Read a Chord Chart.
A Major Chord Finger Position
- Place Your first finger on the 4th string. The D string. At the second fret.
- Your second finger is on the 3rd string. Which is the G string. Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the B string. At the second fret. This is the 2nd string.
- Strum from the 4th string down, and don’t play the 6th strings.
Guitar Fingerboard Breaking Through. In this Mini Course You will learn the secrets to learn all the notes on the fingerboard.
E Major Chord Finger Position
- Place your first finger on the 3rd string. (G string). At the first fret.
- Your second finger is on the A string. (5th string). Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the D string. 4th string, second fret.
- When strumming the E chord you can strum all the strings.
F# minor Finger Position (F#m)
- Your first finger is across all the strings at the second fret. Like a Capo.
- Then place your third finger on the 5th string. The A string, on the 4th fret.
- Place your Pinkie Under the third finger. Also at the 4th fret on the 4th string.
- You can strum all the strings when playing the F# Bar Chord.
C# minor Finger Position (C#m)
- Place your first finger at the 4th fret across the first 5 strings.
- Your second finger is on the B string. (2nd String). At the 5th fret.
- Next place your third finger on the 4th string. Which is the D string. At the 6th fret.
- Then your pinkie is on the 3rd string (G string). Which is at the 6th fret.
- When strumming don’t strum the E string. The 6th string.
The D Major Finger Position
- Place your finger on the 3rd string. The G string. At the second fret.
- Put your second finger on the 1st string. (E string). Also at the second fret.
- Then your third finger is on the 2nd string. (B string). At the third fret.
- Strum from the 4th string down. Don’t play the 5th or 6th string.
Related Article: Best Chair for Guitar Players: Studio, Gig, & Your Lifestyle.
Strumming Pattern to Christmas Canon Rock
At the beginning of the song the chords are played at a slow tempo. Later on in the song the tempo picks up. I am going to show you how to arpeggiate the chords. So that it will sound just like the song. But if you are new to guitar that might be difficult for you. So you could just strum the chords. Also when the tempo picks up you will want to strum any ways.
Music Theory 101
Is going to open your eyes to a new way of playing your guitar. Although the theory has been around for years. You will never look at your guitar the same way again! See What’s Included
Starting out I would strum down only. The song is in 4/4 time, so you are going to strum down 4 times and then switch to the next chord. When the Tempo picks up strum D D U D D U D D U D D U. Down, Down, Up, Down, Down Up, Then change chords.
Related Article: How to Strum a Guitar with a Pick.
Bonus Video Tutorial Christmas Canon Rock Riff
Pro Tip: Chord Progression is moving from one chord to the next. Like 1 4 5.source
This song is so cool. And a great chord progression. The chords go like this A, E, F#m, C#m, D, A, D, E, then repeats. Take a look at the chord Sheet below with the chords.
Get the Tab Below
How to Play House of the Rising Sun
Take a test Drive in this free Course Just Login Here!
Related Article: How do You Play Tennessee Flat Top Box.
How to Arpeggiate the Chords to Christmas Canon Rock
To arpeggiate the chord. We are still playing the chords but instead of strumming the chord. You are going to play one string at a time. Like at the beginning of the song. It sounds so good to play the chords arpeggiated because the tempo is so slow.
Then when the electric guitar comes in you can strum the chords. Then when the verse begins you can arpeggiate the chord again. Or strum which ever you want to do. I think it sounds better to arpeggiate the chords again when the verse starts. Try it and see what you think.
Okay the song begins with the A chord. After positioning your fingers to make the A chord. What you want to do is pick the strings of the A chord. Starting with the A string.
Which is the 5th string. You may already know this, but to make sure we are on the same page. The thickest string is 6 and then it goes to the thinnest string which is 1, (654321).
Have You Checked Out the Guitar Courses in My YGG Store?
Okay starting with the A string pick these strings 5, 4, 3, 2. After playing the A chord. The next chord is the E chord. Position your fingers and play these strings one at a time; 6, 5, 4, 3.
Then move to play the F#m chord. After getting setup to play the F#m chord. Pick the same strings again; 6, 5, 4, 3. Now position your fingers to play the C#m start on the 4th fret. And pick strings 5, 4, 3, 2. Then play the D chord and pick strings 4, 3, 2, 1.
Okay so after playing the D chord you go back to the A chord. Play strings 5, 4, 3, 2. And then go back to the D chord. Playing strings 4, 3, 2, 1. Finally ending on the E chord. When you get to the E chord you are going to pick the individual strings 6, 5, 4, 3. See if this helps:
- A – 5, 4, 3, 2.
- E – 6, 5, 4, 3.
- F#m – 6, 5, 4, 3.
- C#m – 5, 4, 3, 2.
- D – 4, 3, 2, 1.
- A – 5, 4, 3, 2.
- D – 4, 3, 2, 1.
- E – 6, 5, 4, 3.
Related Article: Arpeggiated Chord Guitar Lesson.
Buy & Sell Music Gear Online | Reverb
Christmas Canon Rock Tab
Hopefully this guitar lesson helped you learn how to play Christmas Cannon Rock. Take a look at some of the other guitar lessons offered Here like Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain Chords & Solo (Complete Lesson). Or maybe your looking for a new guitar take a look at Fender Squier Affinity Strat vs Yamaha Pacifica Review. Thanks for taking the time and checking out this guitar lesson. There is a lot of guitar resources, Courses, and Lessons right here be sure to check them out.